Front End Associate
Job Title: Part time (at least 20 hours per week), with potential to grow to full time, mainly evenings and weekends, front end associate/co-op staff member.
Job Responsibilities: This individual will be mainly responsible for:
- Assisting customers with check out
- Answering customer questions & helping customers with finding products
- Answering phones and taking special orders (in store and over the phone)
- Stocking products, checking dates and fronting products
- Assisting other staff with price tagging items
- Attending Co-op staff meetings
- Assist with deliveries and checking in product
- Follow opening and closing lists for review of management
- Maintain cleanliness of front-end, including check out stands, windows, floors, and products
- Adhere to the policies outlined in the North Country Food Co-Op Employee & Responsibilities Handbook
- Perform other duties as assigned
Accountability: This individual will report to the General Manager and the Assistant Manager and is ultimately responsible for high quality service to our member-owners. We are looking for somebody who is willing to go the extra steps to make the co-op look great and function well.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all job requirements satisfactorily. Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities one must possess. Special accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Ability to assist customers in recommendation of products
- Ability to utilize existing resources to successfully complete this task
- Willingness to learn about our products and about the world of health and wellness
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to work with a diverse group of people in a cooperative environment
- Ability to meet regular, predictable attendance in accordance with scheduling
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as required above, including evenings and weekends.
Experience: No prior experience is required, but knowledge of conventional foods and the food industry is preferred. Those who have prior knowledge of organics, health and wellness will be given preference.
Education: High school or G.E.D. equivalent.
Physical Requirements: An individual must be able to life up to 50lbs and stand/walk for the majority of an 8 hour shift.
Excellence in this position: The North Country Food Co-Op is a wonderful place to work with an outstanding staff and awesome customers. To excel in this position, and individual would be expected to have a few key attributes including:
- A sense of humor!
- A willingness to learn and advance one’s own knowledge
- Be a team player: Work with a dynamic, diverse team to provide the highest standards of service to our customers and our community.
Final Thoughts: We are an interesting group, each with our own personalities and world views. At the co-op, we all work together to advance our community, as well as our workplace. Our work benefits everybody who shops, works, volunteers, or is in any other way connected to the co-op.
If interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org,with the subject line: Associate Application. Cover letter is optional but welcome!